Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Coming back around

So I feel like things are finally getting to a point where I can have fun with cooking again. Started a new job last September and it has been a ton of fun since starting, but it has also taken a lot of time. I think I am finally getting to a point to where I have a rhythm and I can make time for more things that I want to focus on. One of these things as of late is enjoying the weather with grilling and enjoying some of the great fruits that are showing up in the grocery store (as the local stuff isn't quite ready yet). So here is the first recipe that I enjoyed when I got excited to see fresh apricots in the grocery store:

Grilled Apricots with Blackberry Sauce

8 apricots
1/2 pint of blackberries
2 T sugar
4 T butter
2 T brown sugar
Vanilla Ice Cream

Put blackberries in small sauce pan with sugar. Cook until blackberries breakdown, then remove from heat and cool. Cut apricots in half and remove pits. In sauce pan, heat butter and brown sugar until melted. When melted, toss in a bowl with apricots. Over indirect heat on a grill, place apricots. Cook 2-3 minutes, turn over and cook 2-3 minutes more. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream and drizzle with blackberry sauce.

Cheers and there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment